What legislation regulates Firmaprofesional and the certificates?
- Law 59/2003, de 19 December, on electronic signature
- BOE, Official State Gazette 27/02/2004 MINISTERIO DE LA PRESIDENCIA , MINISTRY OF THE PRESIDENCY
ROYAL DECREE 2921/2004, of 20 February, creating the public trust seal for information and e-commerce society services and regulating the requisites and procedure of concession.
• BOE, Official State Gazette 09/09/2003 MINISTERIO DE LA PRESIDENCIA, MINISTRY OF THE PRESIDENCY
ORDER PRE/2440/2003 29 August, implementing the regulation of the fee for assigning the limited resource of domain names with the country code of Spain (.es)
• BOE, Official State Gazette 12/07/2002 JEFATURA DEL ESTADO, CHIEF OF STATE
LAW 34/2002, of 11 July, on information society and e-commerce services. (Includes correction of errors [BOE, Official State Gazette 06/08/2002])
(Amended by Final Provision One of Law 32/2003)
(Amended by Additional Provision Eight of Law 59/2003)
• BOE, Official State Gazette 22/02/2000 MINISTERIO DE FOMENTO, MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT
ORDER of 21 February 2000, passing the Regulation governing the accreditation of suppliers of certification services and the certification of certain electronic signature products.
• BOE, Official State Gazette 15/05/2003 MINISTERIO DE HACIENDA, MINISTRY OF THE TREASURY
ORDER HAC/1181/2003, of 12 May, establishing the specific regulations governing the use of electronic signatures in tax relations via electronic, computer and telematic media with the Agencia Estatal de Administración Tributaria, State Tax Administration Agency.
• BOE, Official State Gazette 28/11/2003 MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR, THE HOME OFFICE
ORDER INT/ 3298/2003, of 13 November, creating a telematic registry at the Home Office and regulating the technical requirements and conditions for the reception or sending of applications, written documents and communications conveyed via telematic means.
• BOE, Official State Gazette 15/09/2003 MINISTERIO DE CIENCIA Y TECNOLOGÍA, MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ORDER CTE/2500/2003, of 2 September, creating a telematic register at the Ministry of Science and Technology and regulating the technical conditions for the reception or sending of applications, written documents and communications conveyed via telematic means.
• BOE, Official State Gazette 19/09/2003 MINISTERIO DE ECONOMÍA, MINISTRY OF THE ECONOMY
ORDER ECO 2579/2003, of 15 September, establishing the regulations governing the use of electronic signatures in relations via electronic, computer and telematic media with the Ministry of the Economy and attached Bodies.
- Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a common framework for Electronic Signature:
What is a Linked Person certificate?
Linked Person certificates: are recognized certificates of natural persons that identify the subscriber as being linked to a certain organization, be it as an employee, associate, collaborator, client or supplier. It enables acting before the public administrations as a natural person and/or employee of a certain company.
What is an SSL certificate?
Secure Server Certificate: these are certificates used to authenticate the identity of a server by means of the use of encrypted communication protocols such as SSL, TLS and IPSEC.
What is a Legal Person certificate?
Legal Person certificates: are recognized certificates of legal persons according to Art.7 of Law 59/2003.
It is a certificate issued to a legal person (CIF) but always kept by a legal representative or company attorney.
How can I renew my certificate?
Your certificate has a validity that you may verify in your browser’s Certificate Properties queries menu.
Before the validity period of your digital certificate expires, you must renew it.
From two months prior to the expiry date of your certificate, you may renew it without the need for appearing at any records office. All you have to do is follow two simple steps:
1.- Apply for renewal at your University
2.- Renew your certificate from the degree holder portal.
Note: You cannot renew your certificate once it has expired.
In order to avoid any problem in the renewal process, follow the instructions that you will find in the degree holder portal.
How do I obtain a certificate?
If you are the holder of a qualification and you have the e-dni (electronic identity card), check whether your University is attached to the eTítulo project in the following list and get access to the online application services from this link.
List of Universities attached to the eTítulo Project
- University of Almería
- University San Jorge
- Abat Oliba CEU University
- IE University
- University of Cádiz
- Valencian International University (VIU)
- University of Extremadura
- University Rey Juan Carlos I
- University of Burgos
- Internacional University of la Rioja (UNIR)
- Pompeu Fabra University
How can I check the expiry date of my certificate?
There are two ways of doing so:
1. You can ascertain the validity of your certificate by going to our website.
– Open Microsoft Internet Explorer and go to www.signe.es (beware: you can only perform this test using Microsoft Internet Explorer)
– In the Certification Authority/”Certificates” section tab, click on “Certificate test” ** This window must be that of our website.
Follow the steps that are described in the “Certificate test” section and click on the link.
– Select your certificate
– You will be asked to introduce your PIN.
2.You can check the validity date of your certificate by using your Internet browser.
1.2.1. In the “Internet Options” window, click on the “Contents” tab and then click the “Certificates” button.
2.2.1. In this way, the “Certificates” window will appear and you will be able to verify the expiry date in the corresponding column.
2.If your Internet browser is Mozilla Firefox, open it and click on “Tools”. And, on the dropdown menu click on “Options”.
3.2.1. In the “Options” window, select the “Encrypted” tab. Click the “See certificates” button on this tab.
2.1. In the “Certificate administrator” window, go to the “Your certificates” tab and there, you can verify the certificate expiry date.
What is the meaning of Revoking a Certificate?
To revoke a certificate is to annul its validity prior to the expiry date that appears on it. Revocation may be requested at any time, and, especially when the title bearer believes that his/her private keys are known by others.
Revocation has effects as of the effective date of revocation that appears together with the serial number of the revoked certificate in a document signed and published by the Certification Authority.
Any digital signature made with the private key associated with that certificate following the date of revocation shall be void.
To revoke a Signe certificate, please go to the following page: Revocations
What is a Digital Certificate?
A certificate is a document issued and signed by the Certification Authority that identifies a public key with its proprietor. Each certificate is identified by a unique serial number and has a validity period which is included in the certificate.
What is a Root Certificate?
A root certificate is a certificate issued by the Certification Authority for itself. This certificate includes the public key of the Certification Authority and therefore it will be necessary in order to ascertain the authenticity of any certificate issued by it. It is the source certificate of the trust chain.
You can download it here
Change the card’s PIN/PUK
In order to change the PIN and/or the PUK of the card or USB Token, you must connect the card/Token to the computer, open the card management application “Token Administration” or “Card Manager” and click on the change PIN option.
In the section of this website you will find a tutorial manual/video with the explanation as to how to change the PIN/PUK.
How do I install my certificate in Firefox?
In order for Firefox to recognize the certificate on a card or Token, you must configure it.
- Go to the Tools menu, Options.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Within the Advanced option, select the Encrypted tab.
- In the encryption section click on the “Security Devices” button.
- Within Security Devices, you must load a new module. To load the new module, click on the “Load” button.
- Once the “Load” button has been clicked, you must give a name to the module, click on the examine button and look for one of the following files (they are different according to the type of card):
If in Windows:
o either c:/windows/system32/aetpkss1.dll
o or c:/windows/system32/bit4idpki.dll
If in Linux
o either usr/lib/libaetpkss1.so
o or usr/lib/libbit4idpki.dll
- Once loaded, accept, close Firefox and open it again.
It does not recognize the certificate
If your computer does not recognize the certificate, this may be due to several causes.
Check the following and if you continue to encounter problems call Firmaprofesional.
If it continues noy to work check that the Windows smart card service is active.
I have blocked the PIN If you
If you have blocked the card’s PIN, it is because you have wrongly entered the PIN three times.
To unblock the PIN and continue to use the card and the certificate, you will require your PUK to hand. Only with this key will you be able to unblock the card (if you have lost the PUK or do not know it, there is nothing you can do).
With the card, the reader and knowing the PUK, you can unblock it. To do so, the card application must be opened. Please check which of the following applications are available to you:
– SafeSign: This application is found by default in c:/ Archivos de programa /A.E.T. Europe B.V/SafeSign/Management Utility/TokenManager.exe
– CardManager: This application is found by default in: c:/ Archivos de programa /Bit4Id/Card Manager Admin/main.exe
Open the application that corresponds to your card and you will see the unblock PIN option. Once you click on this option you will have to introduce the PUK and enter a new PIN.
What do I need in order to use the card/token in the computer?
To use your card or token in the computer, you will need:
- The drivers of the reader/Token
- Card software
You can find these two elements on our website (support menu-Instalation Kit) or on your supplier’s website.
How many certificates can my card have?
It is recommended for there to be just one certificate installed on the card. But, given the special characteristics of the cards provided by Firmaprofesional, a card or USB Token can hold up to three certificates.